Monday, March 31, 2014

I'm back....!

Okay, okay....It has been awhile. And with life as busy as ever, it will take a lot of "oomph" to get back into blogging.

But I have a resolve.

The past year and a half has been a bit crazy.

In December 2012, G deployed for a 9-month tour to Afghanistan. As the days went by, I stayed busy with work, M, and supporting my friends. M grew by leaps and bounds. He began walking (and then running!), talking, exploring, and playing. Through emails, texts, and Skype, we made it work and I was blessed to welcome G home in late August 2013.

Almost immediately after his return, G took over as the "man in charge" when I had my meniscus repaired in October 2013. I have never had surgery (or a broken bone...or stitches), so knee surgery was very scary for me. However, with the love and support of my family and friends, I made it though the long days filled with physical therapy and daily exercises.

Now...I'm back!

As I look back over the challenges from the past year and a half, I realize how blessed I am. I have a beautiful family. I have my health. I have friends who became family. Above all else? I have faith.

So, here's to you, 2014 and the new challenges, blessings, and surprises you will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment